Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An update along with a few questions

Today was my third doctor's visit and I must tell you, my doctor is AMAZING!! He is really funny and nothing like a Ob/Gyn doctor you'd expect. He answers all my questions, jokes around with me, and keeps me on track. The doc told me that I am 12 weeks 4 days so according to him I am due OCTOBER 24!!! The big day can't possibly come soon enough. Andrew is a big number person. By that I mean every important date has to make sense. So he is really really hoping that the baby comes on 10-10-10, and I am really hoping that baby pistachio will come on 10-21-10 since that's my grandma's birthday! The doc said everything looked really good and I am scheduled for May 11 for my next appointment.

So I may sound a little personal, but I am seriously nervous for the whole birth. I start getting some anxiety thinking about it. So I asked the doc if I could start doing some sort of stretches or exercises to "stretch" for when the baby comes. I am FREAKING OUT about tearing.. I didn't even know that was possible up from a few years ago. He laughed because he knew I was panicking. He told me everything would be fine and to relax that that wasn't for a few more months. He also said that there wasn't anything (such as stretches) that I can do to prepare.. so now I am asking if any of you know or think has helped to prevent tearing.

I also discussed my fear of any drugs during pregnancy and during birth. I am a very firm believer in keeping the baby as healthy as possible and to not let the baby get a "feel" for drugs. I told the doc that epidural wasn't even an option for me. The needle scares me more than the birth itself. So natural is the way for me to go. Anyways at this doc appt I told him that I haven't been feeling good especially this last week and he kept me right on track by saying "Jessica you told me you don't want drugs and since you have vomited limited times let's keep you on the path you are determined to go." Oh how grateful I am for him. He kept me strong. I was just having a weak moment and he is totally right that I haven't been as bad as maybe I think.

I have decided also that I was going to try my hardest and lose weight while I was pregnant. I DO NOT want to get any bigger than I already am. The doc told me it was possible and to be strong. So far as of my 12/13 weeks I have not gained any weight. In fact I lost 2 pounds.. WOOHOO! No worries I am just being really healthy and strict with what I am eating. Bad news is I don't feel the same weight I feel extremely bloated and uncomfortable. I am ready to look pregnant instead of ginormous.

Last week I had a case of the crazies... It was totally awful! My poor poor husband. I was crying for no reason and once I started I couldn't stop. Like literally I would all the sudden by happy, but couldn't stop crying. I've never had so many tears in my life. Every little thing would set me off. Plus I didn't feel good so that might of had something to do with it. Who knows. I am really good today and actually went out did some errands and hopefully can continue feeling comfortable here. Living here has thrown me for a loop with being preggo and 2000 miles from my family. It really has been hard, I know we're suppose to be here, its just really emotional for me. I miss my family so much and can't wait to visit home. There are a lot of stresses right now so I try hard to just relax and breath. Easier said then done. I am trying to go home in July and plan on staying there for the whole month. I really miss my nephews and Sunday dinners at mom's. Blah anyways I can't think about it, but if you have any ideas on how to overcome my feeling blue please feel free to offer. I would like any ideas you have!

Well sorry for the long post, but I needed to write.
XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JESS! first of all congrats on the goin natural decision! i very badly want to do that with the next ones.. now its all bout tryin to get Tuck on board( supposedly i'm a mean beast during child birth? weird)
I love hearing bout the pregnancy and how you're doing! :) It stinks so bad bein away from fam.. but you're a strong postivie girl! You can do it! I could go on and on in this comment i think. I just love you girl! Keep up ALL the good work!

Nakina said...

Hey Darlin, DONT be scared of giving birth. It is so so natural. Your body was made to give birth. It is seriously the most amazing experience. Going natural is the way to go! You can totally do it. I cant imagine any other way. If you have ANY questions just ask me. Seriously, I went through it and I loved it and I am totally all about natural child birth. It sounds like you already have your mind made up about it so you will do it. I had my midwife rub hot oil on me when Jex started crowing to help the skin stretch, it helped a lot but he was just too big and I still had a little tear but seriously I didnt even know and I didnt have any pain afterwards either.
Its all a new exciting experience so its okay to get antsy and kind of nervous but just remember that your body was made to give birth! I LOVE to talk about birth and pregnancy (i am sure that you caught on to that haha) so seriously if you have any questions I am always here for you! LOVE YA!