Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pics I promised... kind of a long post

Sorry some of these are side ways.
This is Susquehanna River in Harmony Penn where Joseph and Oliver received the Aaronic Preisthood and then baptized one another. It was a little hike down a trail to get here, but it was really peaceful. It was really quite surreal to know that you walked the same ground that the Prophet walked. We also saw the corner stones of the house that they lived in and translated the plates. It was sooo little you could hardly believe that's where it all took place.

This headstone is where Joseph and Emma's first baby was buried.
This is Emma's parents headstones. On the other side it looks like the baby's. All old and worn out.
This little brook was on the way down the trail to the River. I just loved the way this picture looked all covered in moss. Just thought I'd add it in.
Us by the Susquehanna River.
The site of where John the Baptist gave the Aaronic Preisthood to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery.
Andrew and I got free tickets from DirecTV to go to a Yankee's game. We aren't the biggest fans, but hey for good seats that are free who would pass that up. It was just nice to do something out of the ordinary for us. One of Andrew's co workers got the other 2 tickets and they were good company. We had some pretty sweet seats and the baby pistacho enjoyed the hot dog.. or two!
From this picture it looks like we are really far up but we could see everything really clearly.

So these are some of our Young Women.... so the one in the middle isn't active so we went to watch her soccer game. The other two are sisters and then we are missing one other Young Women.. yeah that's right we only have 3 active YW.
Here is us watching the game. The other lady is Claire, she is the Young Women's president and actually served in Andrew's parents mission in Brazil. She is awesome and has been so much fun to work with.
Claire, Ashely, and Emily. Just a side note, Claire had her baby boy on the 12.
This is when I went to the zoo with Kelly and her daughter Elanor. Obviously these are the penguins.
A red panda
Elanor loved this fountain, it was her absolute favorite!!

So just a small update. We went to Syracuse for Andrew's cousin's baby blessing. It was really nice to see family and be there for them. We drove around and went to Joann Fabrics. My dream come true! We had really fun seeing them and their sweet new baby. The blessing was great and we enjoyed lunch with them after. On the way there we went through Scranton Penn.. Andrew's dream come true. He is obsessed with the Office and he took a bunch of pictures and ate at a diner that was delicious! Andrew will have to post his pics, I'm not sure where they are, but we had a lot of fun. On the way home that's when we stopped through Harmony Penn.
On to more exciting news, Andrew's bike got stolen, our gas got siphoned along with our gas cap being stolen.. and better yet, we're pretty sure it happened at church, and I got another parking ticket when baby sitting. Oh the joys of New Jersey, you've treated us so well already! I told Andrew that my Idaho mind would not be a very good criminal mind because never in a million years would I think to steal copper out of A/C units to sell for money, or siphon gas, and so many other things that I have learned about being here. I'm nervous to get hardened but I am afraid it's coming.
Other than that we are doing well. Andrew still loves his job and he is starting to get more responsibility with his calling so that will be interesting when it gets full blown. Our baby is growing at the right pace. I had a doc appt on Tuesday and everything looks good. I haven't even gained one pound, but I am defiantly starting to round. I'm thinking I might have to get some new pants for this little belly. In 2 weeks we find out the sex, so I'll have more to post then.
XOXO

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yay pics! wow you guys are livin a busy busy life! :) everything was awesome about the church history stuff! not to mention Freeeee baseball game?? fun! And i cant wait till you find out the sex of the baby woo!
oh and this is Michelle.. not tucker.. i'm too lazy to sign out of this account.