In June, Andrew let me go to Idaho to see my family one last time before this baby comes (and also to escape the heat of the east) I am so grateful for him to give me and the baby up for 5 weeks. What a blessing this has been for me!! As much as I miss Andrew I am having a good time seeing friends and especially family. My amazing husband has stayed behind to work and accrue PTO for when the baby comes. I am so lucky to have him. What husband unselfishly stays behind to work while his wife goes clear across the country to just play and doesn't even get upset that he can't come. WOW that's pretty awesome if you ask me! So I am here for another few weeks and then back to Jersey for me. The baby is getting so big and things are going well with him. I will be 25 weeks on Friday... I can't believe how fast this is all going, but I am not going to lie I am very excited to have him out. I am not the number one pregnancy fan! They say he should now be 1.5 pounds and 13 1/2 inches long. I can feel him getting bigger for sure. I feel a lot less graceful when I walk... I think I have started the waddle which I try and avoid. This baby is going to be one crazy boy and very spoiled I am sure..
Boise has been good and I have been playing a lot with my nephews here. We've been to Roaring Springs ( the local water park) and to the pool a bunch. I finally got tan after a MEGA sunburn! We've seen movies and played video games and just have had a blast. I will have to post pictures when I get home of all the fun times. We had a fun 4th of July. Family came over and we did a BBQ and roasted marsh mellows and of course lit some fireworks. The boys loved it and we just enjoyed our independence. My dad has a cabin in McCall, Idaho so we went up there for a night and had a blast. It was so beautiful and just nice to have trees and greenery again. This week all my brothers are coming into town and we are headed up to Island Park Idaho for a huge Fisher Family Reunion (that is my mom's side) it will be so fun to be with all my family and especially the brothers I haven't seen in a while. When we come back we are having a birthday party for my one nephew and then a baby shower for me the following day. On Sunday I am driving to Provo to go stay with Andrew's mom and dad and am excited to do that. They are also having a baby shower for me and we are going to make some blankets for the baby. I am excited to see everyone that will be there for that!! So as you can see I have not stopped going and going since I got here and probably won't stop until I actually get on the plane to Jersey.
Andrew has been doing well. Work has been very busy for him and he said that as soon as I left he got all these responsibilities. Which is excellent. I hate him feeling guilty for not coming home on time from work when he has so much to do, but he knows I don't mind. So it has been good that I have been gone so he can focus on that. He is still loving it and feels really good about being there. Which everything we've gone through there makes it worth it in the end! As much as we love our apartment, I think we are both excited for one day to make it to the suburbs (that will be way in the future). We can only handle Jersey city life for so long, we are for sure managing though. Andrew is enjoying the city and being able to explore. He loves big cities and he says it feels like home to him. Like this is where he belongs. He is teaching me so much about living outside my comfort zone whether he knows it or not. His calling is going well but keeping him busy. He had to go to Scout Camp one day and had some good stories to tell! Andrew is so excited to be having a boy and can't wait for the little munchkin to come. He always says when he comes we are going to _____ or when he gets here I am going to teach him ______. It cracks me up. I love that even though this was a complete surprise to us, he is thrilled to be a dad and he will be the GREATEST dad ever!
Well just thought I'd share what was happening. These post always seem to be longer then I expect, but oh well, I hope you enjoy them!
XOXO
.jpg)
3 comments:
Gha I miss me you guys!
I'm glad you got to enjoy the big city and go home to Boise. We can't wait for the new Bertasso arrival!
Jessica! I am so glad I found your blog, it was fun to catch up on how you are doing- instead of trying to ask Mark. Sounds like you are doing good. I know you are going to be a great mommy, that is one lucky kid. One think I always found worked for my "baby blues" was strawberries and warm melted chocolate- mmmm.
Post a Comment