Friday, January 28, 2011

Long post beware

Wow it's been quite a while since my last blog but here I am back from the west! (and missing it) I was in Boise for a month and during that time I got to spend it with some of my favorite people, my families and friends. It was so much fun and way nice weather compared to here in the east. It was really Decker's first time to always be out and about. He hated the car seat unless someone was back there with him. Well let me back up a little... First of all Decker was a champ on the way there. We were on such a crowded flight due to the snow storms here. I was stuck by the window with 2 males sitting next to me. I was way nervous but he just slept the WHOLE way, what can I say the kid likes to be held. Him and I had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa and he even got to meet all of his other grandma and grandpa's. My little Deck man sure is a ham. He loves to smile and make everyone fall in love with him. I just love this little boy. We went to the mall a lot and he loved it. He likes all the people and things to see. He also got to meet his cousins who adored him. Jaxon (my oldest nephew) was totally all about Decker and it was so precious to me. He would always say, man he is such a bobble head, or he has the biggest head. (which both are true) but it was so cute. He wanted to babysit and even asked his mom if we could leave Decker with them when we came back home. I was so lucky to have family who wanted to hold him and love on him so I could take a break now and then. I love my family so much. Anyway while in Boise Deck and I both got sick, then Andrew came and he got sick. We made a family trip to the dr and we all had sinus infections.. awesome. We also had Decker's blessing while Andrew was there, and he did such an amazing job! Andrew's parents came and it was so nice to have them there. Also a big treat for us was having my grandpa show up! It was a surprise and Decker Blaine is named after my grandpa Blaine. It was sooo sweet to have him there. (my grandpa is my best friend)

For those of you that don't know, Decker is not the best night sleeper and always has to be held by someone in an upright position, this makes for long nights and long days of naps. I always have a baby in my arms. Well two days before we went home I put Deck down on the couch while I was talking with friend and believe it or not he slept there for 6 hours! ummmm AMAZING! It was like the heaven opened up it's gates and I saw the light. He has laid down and slept by himself from then on, but... he needs to be rocked to sleep so that means even when he wakes in the night he still needs me to rock him to sleep. Also it must have been a fluke that he slept 6 straight hours that one night because he hasn't since. He'll sleep for like 2-3 hour stretches then be hungry. Yes we are still having multiple night feedings. I am not sure how to break this. Yes I have read babywise, yes I have read healthy sleep habits healthy baby, yes I have read solve your child's sleep problems.. and yes some talk about the whole acid reflux thing. (side note, we've been going to a GI dr and Decker is on some pretty heavy medication and really gross formula that smells like cat food(so now our whole house smells like a pet store) but he is doing better, we are going for a barium swallowing study exam this next week to make sure nothing is wrong with his esophagus.)All these books talk about how you shouldn't let babies with these types of problems cry, um yeah so all these books are a little useless when it comes to the "crying it out" method or trying to get him to sleep on his own. On top of that he has a cold. I will say however that we are in a routine which is nice and I think Decker is liking it much better then the chaos that was my life in Boise. Well so if any of you have any advice I would like to hear it. I am literally going crazy with no sleep and no help (for the record Andrew is as much help as he can be but the poor guy comes home around 8 and wants to relax but here I am needing to go to bed so he has to take care of the baby and then he comes and gets me when he's tired which is much later then it should be because he knows how tired I am and then he sleeps some only to wake up at 5 and get ready for work) So there you have our life in a nut shell.
My sweet baby really actually is sooo happy all the time. He is seriously such a trooper, that one! It's not very hard to take care of him just the whole sleeping thing is exhausting for everyone in this house. ok enough about it

So mr Decker is so much fun right now, he loves his fist and they are always in his mouth. I am pretty sure I have an early teether on my hands.
He is infatuated with his daddy, whenever andrew walks in or out of the room decker is staring at him, it melts my heart.
He is on the verge of figuring out how to laugh but not quite got the hang of it.
He loathes the car seat still, even after all that time he spent in it in Idaho.
He likes to try and hold his bottle and hums while eating
He is super ticklish
He smells like cat food ALL THE TIME (as stated earlier)
He likes his crib... finally
He LOVES children
He is still loving his binki
He is 13 lbs, yay!

Well anyways he is the love of our lives and we couldn't be more happy with him. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of our happenings, he is of course waking up and I need to go rock the little stinker!
XOXO

1 comment:

Anna Alyse said...

glad to see it's worth it, even without sleep. ;) miss you!