Can we just talk about this little boy for a minute! Who got 8 hours of sleep due to a certain someone... ME! Thanks to my Decker bug who is now only eating right before I go to bed and then around 4am.. woohoooooo. We decided to sleep train him (and if you have negative opinions about this topic, you can go ahead and keep them to yourself thanks) It was the best decision EVER. The first night he only cried 8 minutes and then was out like a light. He does so good at nap time and he is just getting better and better as the days go on. I am so proud of my little monkey. What a trooper.This picture was taken on Friday after we went to go get Decker's barium swallowing test and also he had an upper GI test. They were concerned that a muscle that went from his esphogus to his stomach was straight instead of curved. If the test were positive then Deck would have to have surgery. The poor kid was starving and they took forever to get us in but he was such a happy boy and everyone was really impressed that he wasn't crying his head off due to starvation. Well they did the test and he was so good for them. We got to watch all the x rays and live motion of the barium as it went through his body. It was pretty cool. The test were negative and we found out right away from the radiologist doing the test. Luckily that means that Deck doesn't have to have surgery, the downside of this is that we still don't know what's wrong with him. We called the GI dr and he said to up some more of his medication and to add some rice cereal to his already gross formula. it's only been two days since we increased his dosage and we just began the rice cereal today so I hope he does well. We have ANOTHER appointment with the GI dr this coming Friday. Lots of test and Dr appt for only a 4 month old. So back to this pic, it was after the barium study and look at my happy little bug. Honestly for never feeling very good he is so fun and happy. He is starting to laugh which is precious. I adore him!
Well on Tuesday the 15, it'll be one year since we moved here.... WHAT!?!? Where did the year go? I am shocked that it has come and gone sooooo quickly. I am so proud of Andrew for all of his awesomeness and getting a job here. He is so dedicated to DirecTV and has really proved himself in a year. Everyone there is really impressed with him as they should be.

Yes things are crazy here and so different from what I am used to back in the west, but could I ask for a more blessed life, NO WAY. Andrew and I have the best family and friends. We have the best little boy and life couldn't be more awesome.. ok well yes I'd like a drive way but other then that we are so lucky! Here are only a few pictures but I still need to upload a lot from my phone.
XOXO

.jpg)
3 comments:
What a cute picture! You are a great Mom! Love ya.
Jess! I am so hapy he is finally sleeping for you! Thats crazy, that is the same test Krew has had twice but his showed he did have a swallowing disorder hence his two surgeries. Weird!! That test is super crazy huh. Well, I am glad you are all getting sleep! Maybe now you will consider having another baby!
Sleep is such a good thing for parents and babies! Yay for Decker! You guys are great parents and he is one lucky little boy!
Post a Comment