
Our week has involved fingers, fingers, fingers, drooling, crying and more fingers.... my poor baby is one cranky little bug. He is teething and it's REALLY affecting him. When I was pregnant everyone was like "oh everything will be great with your baby." He'll be the best, then I had Decker and yes he is the best because he is mine, but he was sooooo NOT easy and everything was not "great"! Then everyone said "oh it'll get better" and it took 3 1/2 months for it to get somewhat better. Then everyone said "oh teething is not bad at all", and now we're back to it being bad. My baby does nothing easy and I've come to accept that. I just wish people didn't assume that everything would be fine. It has been really hard and Decker has probably never felt good a day in his life. I feel like because everyone else has good babies that I'm not a great mother. Yes I understand that I have no influence on what is wrong with Decker such as GERD and the teething, but everyone else makes it seem like it's so easy to raise a child and that because it's easy for them it's of course going to be easy for me. It makes me frustrated and somewhat angry. I feel like I have had a much harder time with my baby then most moms, but I could be very wrong and people reading this could get mad for that comment but it's just how I feel. This last week has been one of the worst for Deck and I and it's one of the first times I really wished we lived back in Idaho. I'm glad it's a new week. Bottom line is don't listen to anyone about how "easy" things should be because not every baby or situation is easy. Well now that that's off my chest I do have to say that I love my Decker and I'm hoping that he will be my hardest baby(if I decide to have more right?!?!) He's so sweet and lovable. I couldn't be more happy with my high maintenance baby! he fits right into our family, I mean lets face it, I ain't no low maintenance girl.
This coming Friday my little boy will be 5 months... hmm where did those months go. I am sad that he is getting so big but loving this new exciting phase he's in. He is talking all the time, smiling and laughing, teething(which I don't love), and growing hair! Yay I can't wait to style it! I'm just lucky for my boys!!!
XOXO
.jpg)
2 comments:
it's kind of funny because I feel like all I hear from everyone is about how hard a baby is, I don't think anyone has told me it will easy. Except an armenian woman who gives the best advice. who have you been talking to? WE need to talk!
Being a mom has been the hardest thing I have ever done. It is not easy! I felt like I can relate to so much of what you are saying here. I think it is great that you have just accepted the fact that it is not always easy because I really struggle with that still.
Post a Comment