Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Advice please
Every morning (that is if it isn't raining) Decker and I take a walk in the park that is right around the corner from our house. It's been a really nice part of our routine and Decker seems to enjoy himself. (For those of you wondering about the stalker, I haven't seen him since the stalker day... plus I now have pepper spray) So I've been going on this walk so I can get some exercise and more energy, oh and possibly lose some of this baby weight that I've been "holding on to" for the last 6 months. I've been very consistant and so proud of myself because sometimes I'll go for a few walks. I just am having a hard time with controlling what I eat and also even though I go on all these walks I should probably get my heart rate up more. I feel a little to embarrassed to start running. (I hate running outside I am more of a treadmill person) My question is is what gives you motivation to workout and eat right and any other tips that you have for me I need! My body is obviously so different since having Decker. I feel like all my excess weight goes right to my stomach and booo I hate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
jess my girl! heres my two cents for ya.. totally take or leave: running- everyone starts somewhere! And don't be embarrased because people aren't looking/caring about you running more than yourself. :)
You should read Jillian Michaels book: Master Your Metabolism. Its not a diet.. its so interesting and gives new light as to weight.
Lastly.. my motivation for working out is reaching the goal, pro-longing the life of my body, and the end result is always nice :)
If might help if you find a workout buddy. And set a goal for yourself. But the key is really, everyone starts somewhere. all those runners/fit people started off slow.
You got this! i love you!
oh and really. that book is amazing. i'm in the middle of it right now. :)
Hi Jess- I have been trying to lose weight for a long too and it really is hard. I have a sweet tooth and it is practically impossible for me to turn down sweets! But I have found that making small changes is helpful. I also use a website that helps me count my calories, lose-it.com. I really like the website and it helps to see as the calories add up as I eat them and record them. Also, I have just had to learn to have more willpower. Some days I am really good and some days are really hard, and I don't do so well. For me too, I have found that I just don't buy sweets and candy. Because if they are in the house, I will eat them!! So, my kids are somewhat deprived!!
And lastly, I have found that drinking lots and lots of water to help. I try to drink about 80 oz. a day.
Sometimes, having a buddy who is doing it with you is helpful. so call me if you want and we can commiserate over food we miss!! Good luck. It took 9 months for you to gain weight, so give yourself at least 9 months to get it off. Good luck. Keep working at it.
Post a Comment