Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Dramatic Starting

Well my dear hubby is in Idaho Falls and I have been here in Boise for the past 3 weeks. It has already been quite the adventure. Right now I have no computer, but my mom's and I can't download any pictures on here.. so sorry no pictures again until later.
So here is the beginning of our story. 
On Thursday the 16 of July 2009 Andrew got offered a job in Rigby, Idaho. We decided it was best to take the job. So on Monday the 20 of July we packed up most of our little house in a U-Haul and took my dad's 4 Runner and drove up to Idaho Falls. My mom and I were in Andrew's little car that had no cruise control. It was quite the ride. As we embarked on our journey, let me remind you we had noooo place to live. We were just going with the wind. 
So we finally reached our destination and had an appointment set up to look at an apartment. We hated it so we asked if there was any town-homes available because we loved ours in the past. So off we went to the other side of town. As we drive over into Ammon it all the sudden opens up into these rolling hills and cute little town-homes. It was so beautiful. I just knew it would be the place. So we walk into the town home and it was two story and very adorable. It was dusty and kinda smelled a little, but that's because it hasn't  been rented out since April. So we decided to sign a lease so that we could just move right in. We went to the office and as we are signing there was no AC and we were all dying, plus we were STARVING. It had been about 6 hours since we had any food. The landlord told us that when we are to leave at the end of our lease, there would be a inspection with a white glove. She made quite the fuss about it. When we were done we called our oh so wonderful friends Brit and Kelly and told them we'd buy them dinner if they'd be so kind to help us move some of our bigger items in the house. They were so awesome and agreed to it. WOW we're thankful for them. This is where it all began.. all the craziness.
After dinner we went to the house and when we walked in we all kinda re-smelled the awful smell that was there. My friend Brit is pregnant and she got down on her hands and knees and started sniffing the ground for urine smells. It was quite the sight. She just cracks me up. She didn't smell anything in the carpet so we decided to move on. We moved into the kitchen and started sweeping the kitchen. The laundry room was next, as I'm sweeping I was somewhat sweeping underneath the washer and all the sudden out popped a dog bone. Well now the realization hit that they had a dog. So we start looking around and found the whole sides of some of the panels are totally chewed up. Brit tried to take my mind off of it and decided we should start putting spices away. So I agree and I open a cabinet to put spices on the shelves. I put my hand up on the shelf and feel the most disgusting sticky stuff as I pull my hand away. I look my hand has honey all over it. So now I start freaking out and start really looking around. I open the fridge and the fridge is gross on the bottom shelf. I open the freezer and guess what I found.... Mildew. White glove inspection my bleep!! The toilets were gross, the drains had hard limestone marks, and the blinds has huge spots taken out of them. You could see into our house with the blinds down.
Andrew and Kelly were moving things in as this whole process was going on. They were just as much in a dilemma. Our stairwell is  very narrow and it's pretty hard to fit certain things up it, take for instance our box spring. Let me tell you it was one tense town home during this time. Andrew and Kelly had been working their tushes off and were very discouraged. The neighbors next door came home as we were unloading some boxes and they ended up telling us that they had to just force their box spring up the stairwell and that their place was super dirty also. In the end they loved their place and the location, that was nice to hear. Well after 2 holes, a broken banister, scraped paint, and a broken box spring, we finally had it moved up stairs. Andrew and I were seriously thinking of calling it quits with the house, but my mom worked us through it. 
Kelly and Brit finally left and I'm sure were so happy to get out of there. We sure did appreicate all their hard work. THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH! 
My mom and I ended up cleaning the whole house until about 2:30 in the morning. At around midnight the other neighbors who we hadn't meant they knocked on our door and she told me to be quiet. I said sorry and she just kept talking I was like, "yeah I get it, we'll be quiet thanks." I was one big grouch. 
The next day Andrew talked to our landlord and luckily she gave us a small refund. We drove up to Rexburg and saw Andrew's family. We also had some errands to run and on our way home Andrew received a phone call from his new boss. They asked him to start a day earlier because the boss was coming into town. The Lord has been so good to us. We were fortunate enough to find this good job and a good home. 

Well 3 weeks later.....
Andrew is loving his job, loving our home, and everything is going good there for him. I moved into my mom's house and go over to our house and pack little by little every day. 
I have no job set up in Idaho Falls and am hoping that whatever I am suppose to do will just happen. I have been very emotional during these last few weeks, I am slowly getting more used to the idea that I will be leaving my wonderful job and all the great friends I have made. I have broken into tears many a times and am hoping that the transition will go smoother than expected.
I know this is right for Andrew and I, but at the same time is hard to move from my family and my great job. I will miss everything so much but I think that it's time for change and hopefully it will be a ride that takes us on a much bigger adventure!
XOXO

PS I will be moving over there more towards September instead of November. WOOHOO

3 comments:

Brody & Roz said...

O Jess you poor girl. I feel so bad for you and all you had to go through with the house and everything. I am so glad everything is turning out for the better now though thats so awesome! I can't wait to see ya and play again! Let me know when you get here!

kim said...

Wow! This is quite a story! Who knew????You guys are awesome and this will be a fun adventure for you...just think, some day you will look back on this and laugh! We will sure miss you, but wish you the best of luck! Love ya!

Jamie & Ryan said...

I'm sorry you guys had a bit of a rough transition into your new home... (Boy is that an understatement!) I'm sure everything will turn out to be fine and dandy though. It's all about the how you choose to look at the situation. I know it can be hard, but try to stay optomistic! :)