Monday, September 13, 2010

Freezer meals???

I am asking all of you for some freezer meal recipes. I am really wanting to be stocked up and ready for when the monster arrives, and that includes having meals ready to pop in the oven. I've been looking on the internet and can find a few, but I could sure use some of your lovely ideas. Here's my email if you don't want to do it on the blog, or in case it's super long: little2js@gmail.com

Thanks everyone!
XOXO

2 comments:

Bertasso Family said...

I'm no expert but I have done that before babies as well. Things that I have tried and work pretty well: Lasagna, enchiladas, meatloaf, meatballs...ok, I don't remember what else. Here is a website that talks about once-a-month-cooking which is basically freezing a months worth of dinners so you only have one day of prep and the rest of the month you eat from the freezer. I've never been that ambitious but there are a bunch of recipes on there.

http://www.christysclipart.com/wwwroot/oamc2.html

It also helps if you freeze small parts, like chopped up onions or cook your ground beef and you can throw it into a recipe real quick and takes out a step.

Another suggestion is to walk down the freezer aisle at the grocery store and see what looks good to give you ideas.

Hope this helps a little. If you find any great recipes, be sure to share them with us too :)

Bertasso Family said...

I thought of one other...When I make this chicken I usually make extra and freeze it for another night. It always is pretty good and still good the second time around.

http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2009/03/anniversary-paprika-chicken.html