The time is finally getting so close and I'm just trying to finish up the last minute odds and ins before baby gets here. This lsat week was extremely stressful and I am so glad it's over! Our branch is very unorganized (as I've stated before) and at the last minute we decided to fund raise for Young Women's camp a the General Relief Society Broadcast. We decided to do FHE in a can so we had to come up with lessons, activity, treat, get the cans from the cannery (which is a 45 minute drive one way) stuff the cans, seal the cans, tie ribbons on the cans, make a poster and the list goes on... we had only 1 week to do it. So on Saturday I finished up and went to pick up the girls. We told the girls they had to be dressed modestly and in church clothes... one showed up in a mini skirt and tank top and the other a really low cut tank top with holy jeans. Oh man we had to find sweaters to cover them and sometimes it's really discouraging. I asked them why they were wearing tank tops because we told them to dress modestly and they said well because it's hot out and I liked this shirt better. BAH it's so annoying! Free agency right?? That's what I have to remind myself of whenever they dress like that. The fundraiser went well and we sold all of our cans so that was a blessing. I was so exhausted by the end of the night and was so ready to go home. I missed the whole broadcast since I took the girls home so that was a bummer. At least it was successful and the girls said they had a lot of fun, so it was worth it! Next week they are coming over for a movie night while the boys are at Priesthood meeting, and then I am out for the count since the baby is so close to coming.
My ankles are still swollen, even with it being more cool. The baby has been causing me to have full on contractions every once in a while. They aren't super severe, but I had no clue you could get contractions weeks before you were due. (and no they are not just Braxton Hicks) I have my next Dr appointment on Wednesday and that'll be the beginning of my weekly appointments. I'm thinking that this little guy might possibly come just a little bit before he is due...I'd be really ok with that. He is already head down because he is always kicking me in the ribs which is most unpleasant! I'm just hoping I'll be dilated at this next visit. We'll see soon enough, here I am at 34 weeks (even though now I am 36 weeks)
.JPG)
The baby's room is pretty much complete, at least all the important stuff. I just need to make curtains that block out the alley way lights. Right now we have "lovely" blankets covering the windows. I've been on a sewing kick lately and so I'm excited to make these curtains as a another project to keep my mind occupied before baby gets here. I am almost all finished up with my baby blanket I have made for little man. I just need to embroider the shirts and bind the top so I'll be done this week. I'll post pictures below. I'm starting to get into the nesting phase, I'm all sorts of worried that the house is needing to be cleaned and I'm worried about not getting everything done that needs to be done before he gets here. I'm kind of freaking out about it all!
This is the last pic I took of the quilt but I now have the backing on.

Lets hope that baby comes out a he instead of a she... and yes Decker is what we are naming him
.JPG)
Yesterday as I was getting ready for church I had this random thought pop in my head that if something happened to me during birth what would Andrew do?? When having a baby I feel like it's important to think of all these questions so you can discuss with your spouse the outcomes of these situations. During Sacrament meeting there was a speaker from the High Counsel, he was speaking about trials in his life and how each trial has good and bad in it and we need to accept each one. All the trials he told us were about newborns dying and that we could either hold on the church as a support and guidance or we could be like this one couple he knows that left the church and as a result 4 generations have not gone to church. I was sitting there thinking oh great am I suppose to be preparing myself for the worst? I just don't know what to think about it all. Andrew and I had a long talk about "what if's" and it was all really disturbing that we even have to talk about such things. I am just hoping that everything is ok with baby and with myself but all the anxiety I had in the beginning is back. Anyways I know Heavenly Father is watching over us no matter what happens. He's taken good care of us so far so I know that whatever happens, happens for a reason.
XOXO
3 comments:
AH! that quilt is so cute! You are amazing! And the baby room is also soo cute! You're great. I'm so excited for you and you will be in my prayers (you already are) but especially when the big day comes so that everything can go perfectly! I can't even imagine the anxiety, i'm not even pregnant and I'm scared. ;)
Um, you are my idol for when the day comes that I have a little one on the way! I can't wait to meet Decker!!!
that quilt is the cutest thing ever! your lil guy is gonna be one lucky dude!
have i told you that i love you??
and your going to be an amazing mother!
I hope time passes quick for you and the little boy! (only till the birth part of course)
Post a Comment