Yesterday Andrew and I were able to attend the Rachael Ray show. We woke up super early so we could be first in line. We had tickets, but on them it says that you are still not guaranteed you will get in. We went on the train and had to make a few transfers and walk a few blocks... by the time we got there needless to say I was struggling a little. Being almost 39 weeks is draining! Alright so we arrived 2 hours early and stood in line, luckily there were 2 women behind us that we ended up talking to the entire time. They were from California and super nice. We (when I say we, of course I mean Andrew) gave them some good tips for things that they were wondering about, hopefully it helped them out. Around noon it was time to go in, we ended up being like the 10th in line so YAY we got in. We all got our pictures taken and had to fill out consent forms. We were held in a room for about 45 minutes and my poor Andrew was 1 out of 4 men there. What a good guy he is to go with me! Everyone got filtered in, there were maybe about 60 seats there. it was really small, I was quite surprised since it doesn't look that small on TV. There was a stage comedian there who kept us all entertained while they moved all the cameras and set up shots. He was really funny. He would ask random people where they were from and after a while he asked Andrew where he was from. Andrew replied "Jersey." He was like and "where in Jersey do you work?" Andrew said "I work in Mid town", the guy cracked a joke about playing 20 questions and getting them wrong. So he asked "and where in mid town do you work." Andrew said "DirecTV." The guy said "in the audience how many of you have DirecTV?" Only like 3 people raised their hands. The comedian asked "what do you do for DirecTV?" Andrew said "I work in Advertising." The comedian got a kick out of this since only 3 people raised their hands, he said "wow sounds like you're doing an excellent job since only 3 people have it here" It was actually pretty funny. Funnier then I am making it sound. They started taping again and in between breaks the comedian asked some of the other audience members questions and made jokes, later he came back to Andrew. He asked "so is this your lovely wife next to you?" Andrew said "yes." He asked me what I did (as in job wise) I said "umm I'm growing a baby!" He said "Yes I can see that." He was like "is this your first?" I said "yes I am due in a little under 2 weeks." The whole audience was like "oh my gosh what are you doing here so far along." They asked about the name and we told them Decker, we got nods of approval, so good sign there. So like I said it was really funny and everyone was like good luck with the baby. Ok so can I just say Rachael Ray is amazing! She is sooo cute and I'm not going to lie she looks a little older in person then on TV, but she is way nice and was really friendly to the audience. We had a celebrity guest and it happened to be Whoopi Goldberg...not my favorite person, but the lady in front of me freaked out and was jumping up and down like a crazy person. It was classic. I'm thinking the episode is going to air on Nov 1st. So watch for Andrew and I. We did get Toy Story 3 since Whoopi was one of the characters. Finally we got done around 3:30. It was the best day! It was nice to do something with Andrew, just being the 2 of us. He for sure sacrificed his manhood for the day to go with me, so I appreciated it. I think he somewhat enjoyed it, but shhh don't tell him I told you. The good news is, is that I didn't give birth at Rachael Ray, the bad news is.... I didn't give birth at Rachael Ray. Would've been a good story right?! After we ate some lunch/dinner and went home. I was SOO tired and feel asleep for a little nap time. I had a terrific time and it was a good last HOORA! Ok so just thought I'd share my RR story with you and let you be jealous of my fun ;)
Can you find us?? Hint: when looking at pic, we're on the left side.

Well tomorrow it'll be 1o days left til the baby's due date and only 5 more days til my mom gets here and 7 til my dad comes. I can't wait. I have been very homesick these last few days and am really missing family and familiarness in general. I know I will be fine but I have just been tired and sick and yady yady ya. Same old story of people moving 2500 miles away from family, right? I am hoping that the boy comes 10.20.10, that'll give my mom 1 day to be here and then my dad will come the next day. It'd be perfect. Now I am just rambling so I am going to go clean my house. Hopefully my next post will be of our baby!
XOXO
2 comments:
:)So fun. and so good of andrew to do that. haha sacrafice his manhood. Awesome! Sounds like a blast.. def. want to go to a show one day.
Girl i hope you deliever on 10-20-10. Cause.. i mean you deserve to get what you want! why? cause your amazing! Keep your head up till your mom gets there and then she'll take care of you haha
love ya girl!
FUN! I've always wanted to go to a taping of a show! Congrats on your brand new bouncing baby boy!
Post a Comment