Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A much needed visit

It's been a few weeks since my last post so I thought I'd give an update. Things are going well here. We've just been really busy with everything lately. Here's what's been happening.. 2 weeks ago Andrew's brother was kind enough to send his wife out to see us. She came all the way from Tennessee to come play with me! It was such a blessing. My friends here (the 2 that I have) kept asking, "how come she's coming?" I would say, "umm I don't really know, I guess she wanted a little break." Honestly I had no clue why she was coming. When she got here I asked the reason for her visit and she said that Steve thought she needed to come visit. Oh boy he was right on the money. It was so nice to have her here. Just to talk and hang out with someone who just wanted to relax. There are some days when I get really down knowing that I am so far from all our family members and friends and it takes a toll on me. She came at a good time when it lifted me back up until some more family memebers come our way. Andrew and I were so grateful for her visit (even though it was short) we LOVED it. That particular weekend was stressful for Andrew due to his calling at church so we didn't get to do everything we wanted with Rochele, but she said she had a good time so that's all we could ask for. Thanks Steve and Rochele for sacrificing your time and money to come our way! It was much appreciated.

This weekend was nice because Andrew had Monday off. We just played and finished the baby's room. It was nice and relaxing. Andrew has been working really late nights these last few weeks and I'm not going to lie it's been a little rough on me, but I know that he has to and needs to do it and it'll be worth it in the long run. So when we have a long weekend I am just so grateful to be able to do small things that I have missed, such as cooking dinner, actually having a two way conversation (rather then the one I have with my belly, since he never talks back) a person to ride with in the car when I run errands and so on. Hopefully it'll end somewhat soon and we can make dinner again together when he gets home at a decent time. I know he feels awful for being so late but that's what we accepted when we decided to move here and that's just fine. At least I can say I have a hardworking husband instead of a lazy bum of a husband. I really couldn't be more appreciative.

Alright so we are still doing our birthing classes.. only 2 more left THANK GOODNESS!!! I honestly have enjoyed learning some of the things she teaches, but the other "visual" things.. umm not so much. On Saturday we walk into the room and sitting right infront of the tv is a dvd case that says in really big letters ORGASMIC BIRTH. All I can do is start at that case and think... really?!?! I in no way to I picture birth as orgasmic, let alone pleasurable. So class starts and I actually really like the lady that teaches our class, but she is a little eccentric . She knows quite a bit of random facts that are pretty interesting. We went over what we needed to and it was time for the DVD. Here we go... the very first lady on this DVD decides she wants to give birth on her deck.. Yeah like outside! She said I really enjoy nature and couldn't picture a more peaceful beautiful place to have a baby. Then all the sudden there she is outside on all fours butt naked giving birth on her deck. I just hope that the deck happened to be out back and with a fence. I'm sure the neighbors really enjoyed her laboring/orgasmic screams. I just kept thinking, awkward, awkward, awkward, I feel so awkward. After the birth she decided to lay outside naked with her husband and baby. Oh man! Then the next lady was this french lady who wanted to give birth at home in a tub. She had a 22 hour labor and was naked for the whole thing and yet there were people in and out of her house the whole time. That of course is the culture of the French, but really 22 hours naked huh? and then again BAM there it was again.. that "beautiful" thing they call birth, and guess what she claimed it was just as orgasmic as the deck lady. I would say that giving birth is probably a spiritual thing and possibly sensual, but I can't imagine it feels "good." I don't know though I guess there's a 1% chance I could be wrong!! Then oh joy after that movie was over we got to watch another one... the teacher asked, "how are you doing?" I said, "I'm doing awkwardly." That was the only response I could think of. The next one was of like 12 ladies squatting and popping out babies. I was impressed by them but in no way was I not any more grossed out. The teacher said I think you're getting more used to seeing these. I said no there's no way I feel any better watching birth. So life goes.. only 2 more classes and my watching birth is over.

6 more weeks til baby gets here. WOOHOO finally. I just hope it goes by somewhat fast. This week since it's cool I am going to work on my baby blanket. I've been putting it off since I have to use the iron. I am so excited for fall to come. It's going to be gorgeous here. My mom booked her ticket to come for the baby. Oct 19 YAY!!! I seriously can't wait! These last 2 days I feel like the baby has been super low. He is making me extremely uncomfortable. I feel so much pressure and I'm hoping it's a sign he comes sooner then later. Well not too soon, but sooner then the due date. Wow that was confusing. Probably I'll post pictures of the baby's room next time.

Also just a little shout out to my oldest brother Joshy poo. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you so much and am excited for this new time in your life that you are discovering. You are so amazing and the best father I know. I hope your day is so wonderful!

Hope all is well with everyone.
XOXO

2 comments:

Brittany said...

You hit it on the nail. Birth does NOT feel good but it is a spiritual experience. The whole experience hurts a lot and honestly, right after Dax was born I felt more relief than anything else. I actually leaned over to Kelly and said, "I can't believe I just did that!" The good part came, for me, about an hour later when I stopped shaking and it finally sunk in that I had my baby and oh how beautiful he was. You'll do great Jess!

Anna Alyse said...

hahaha! what a random birth class! that story made me laugh. you know that if YOU feel awkward then it must be pretty bad. I wanna come see yyooouuu!!!