Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An eventful week

Last week was full of many events and one tired swollen pregnant lady! On Monday we celebrated our friend's birthday. It was a blast they did a mad hatter's theme and played Alice and Wonderland the whole time. They made a menu that made no sense and served some pretty funny things. A little group of us from the branch was there and it was nice to visit with everyone and have their families there. I love birthdays and we had a blast. For Joe's birthday we got him and his wife some Yankee's tickets and we selfishly bought some for ourselves as well.

Wednesday we all loaded up and got on the train and headed to meet Andrew. We hit a few snags along the way and ended up being a little late to the game but we all had a blast. I think we were all tired and ready to go home once the game was over. I have a new found love for baseball games and have enjoyed going to the 5 that we have. It's been fun and so I look forward to next season since this one is almost over.Then on Friday Andrew scored some sweet tickets to the pre season Giants Vs Steelers game. Thank you to direcTV we got suite box seats. It was SOOOO cool. I have never been to a pro football game so that was quite the experience. There were some clients there that DirecTV gave tickets to and also some of Andrew's work members. Andrew had a hard time on who to vote for. He loves the Steelers, but since we live in NY he felt obligated to root for the Giants. So we just decided to be neutral. Luckily no one asked. We had catered food and full drinks along with "suite service." Man it's nice to have connections in high places. Hopefully fun FREE perks keep being presented to us. Free being the key word here. I'm hoping we can do a few more fun things like this before the little guy comes. Also I'm hoping we can go see one more Broadway play, now that doesn't come free, but I know that it won't happen for a very long time after the baby since we have no one here to baby sit and since I won't be pumping.
Anyway that was so much fun and I loved every minute of it!! I was extremely tired due to everything that was going on that week so I was pretty mellow at the game. I just ate and watched in awe at the game.

Well Saturday was our second birthing class and oh boy I saw birth.... AGAIN. It was awful as was the first time. This time was almost worst because this tape was from the 80's and the couple annoyed the crap out of me. The guy kept like feeling her up and it was really awkward. I told Andrew that he was to keep his hands off me while I was in labor. He said gladly, haha that cracked me up. I feel like Andrew and I are pretty in tune to each other and it was funny that he already knew what I was thinking. So the rest of the class was good and I feel a little more prepared every time I leave. I've been doing my relaxing techniques and just getting ready for this little guy.

After we got home we worked on the second bedroom some more. We have the room almost ready for him just a few more final touches. It's going to be so cute and I am super excited to get it finished and post pictures. Our theme is argyle brown and blue and I am glad we went with that choice. Pictures to come later.

Saturday night I was totally spend and went to bed. I woke up to Andrew's alarm going off and realized I hadn't peed in hours, which is weird for me since I got like 3 times in a night. I was so exhausted and needed Andrew's help to even get out of bed. I was so sick and physically drained that I couldn't walk. I totally over did myself for that week. Andrew stayed home and took good care of me. I seriously have the best husband in the world. He restored my "health." I honestly didn't know it could get that bad, now I know my limits.

The week was great to say the least.
XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahahahaha jess. i just love you. the whole birthing class scenario CRACKS ME UP!!!! i just sat here laughing.. and had to re-read tucker everything.
oh my.. back to reality! I miss you! love reading your blog!! rest up for that baby okay!!

Nakina said...

Jessica you are crazy! I never went to birthing classes but have watched a few births and I cant get enough of them! Oh my. I am having my birth taped so i can watch it after! It is such an amazing experience and such a blessing! I cant get enough of being pregnant and everything about being a mom. Just wait. You will do great. Stick to your plans. No other experience can replace it. Love ya!