Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The mircle of life... HA

DirecTV is really good to their employees and luckily for the summer months they give the advertising employees every other Friday off. This month has been great and Andrew still has one more Friday left this month for a three day weekend.

This last weekend was sooo good for Andrew and I. On Friday we woke up early and headed into the city for a temple session. The weather happened to be absolutely PERFECT. Thank goodness because I thought I would have died if it was too hot. So the Manhattan temple is so cool, it blends right in with the city and sometimes it's even hard to find amist all the buildings. It's so noisy outside and all these people are walking around, busy busy busy and not even noticing this beautiful building right in front of them. It's not as tall as some of the other buildings around it, but if you look in the right place you can see the Angle Moroni. You walk in to the temple and it's just dead silent. It's the craziest thing going from the noisy city into the most peaceful place on earth. I thought that it would be more grand and more glam. Just like the rest of New York, but as I looked around I realized it's perfect. It's a perfect mix between the beauty and the reverence that the temple should be. Very modest! We did our session with only maybe 15 others. Defiantly the smallest group I've ever been with. It was really nice to go before this baby is born and to have a day with Andrew and I. Hopefully we can make it a few more times before this little guy comes. After our session of course I was starving so we made our way to mid town and ate at the most delicious hamburger joint called Good Burger. I have loved milkshakes and they are by far the best there, well along with the rest of their food. After eating we went to Andrew's office to pick something up that he had left and I was able to meet some of his co workers who were there. They were so nice and it's always fun to see where Andrew spends his days.

We headed home and decided to do some more shopping for the baby. Finally we got our swing and mattress for the crib. Oh happy day! It's just so surreal that our baby could be here any day... hopefully not any day, but he'll be here sooner then later. We have been cleaning out the second bedroom to get it ready for the nursery, so we're hoping to have that done by next weekend.

Saturday we woke up early again and headed to our first birthing class. As before I have been having serious anxiety about birth so I was hoping that this class would help me feel in control. (well as much as you can be) We had to drive a little way because the class we are taking is only offered by certain people. It's called the Bradley Method and basically it's for those who want to do it naturally and it's also commonly called Husband coached child birth. (Ok don't get me wrong I could care less those who decide to use drugs, but for me this is the path I have chosen.) When we arrived at the lady's house she was surprised to see such a young couple who was having a baby, and when we told her we'd been married for 4 years she was even MORE surprised! Everyone here that isn't LDS is always surprised we are married and pregnant. Haha they are so confused as to why we would do that so young in our lives. At the end of our first lesson this lady pops in a movie and it's talking about the egg and how it develops into a fetus and all the sudden BAM they show this lady giving birth. I felt like puking! I probably could have gone my WHOLE life without seeing someone give birth. After the video, the teacher asked me are you ok? I was like yeah, but I don't ever want to see that again. She laughed, but I was dead serious. Andrew and I were both mortified when we left. My poor husband was in shock.. I'm pretty sure we both were. It was classic to say the least. We have 5 more 2 hour classes to go, so wish us luck that we can get through those!
We came home and decided we should put the crib together. It was so much fun... well for me, maybe not for Andrew since he did all the hard work. It was really exciting. Every time I walk in that bedroom I see that beautiful bed that our sweet boy will be sleeping in. I haven't been more excited! Bah I'm just still so shocked that I am already 31 weeks and am he will be here super fast. It'll be the best day of our lives. In the next few weeks, we'll have to get our hospital bag ready to go. I've washed all his clothes and they are all put away in his little dresser. Oh my sweet baby we are so excited for you! Here I am at 31 weeks:
Sunday was good, busy for Andrew of course due to his calling, but good. Our branch seems to be getting smaller instead of bigger. That's not a good sign so pray for our little branch, it needs all the prayers it can get. I got released from Primary, but am still in Young Women's which is nice. I love that calling. The girls are so awesome, well when they actually show up.
We also ended up celebrating our 6 month anniversary of moving from Idaho to New Jersey/NYC. There have been so many things I have learned in the last 6 months and wouldn't change this opportunity for anything. It's been hard, but so good for us. I just couldn't be prouder of my husband and all he's accomplished in this short 6 month period. He's so AWESOME and I am so LUCKY!

Well I hope everyone is doing well and I probably only write these blogs for myself, I know there are only few who read this since it's not very entertaining. It's just my own personal "journal" I guess. ok well XOXO

2 comments:

Anna Alyse said...

I read them! I love you and I'm so excited for you! Sorry I still haven;t called you back! ;) I will.. soon... it's just... you know... busy these days.

Greg and Michelle said...

I read your blog and I love it! I can hear you saying everything. So fun! You guys are amazing. Seriously! I can not wait to see pictures of your little guy! What an adventure you guys are having over there!