Thursday, December 2, 2010

Decker Bug







Motherhood has been quite the ride so far... He is the SWEETEST little guy! Here is a little update on my 6 week old (yes I know 6 weeks already!)

~he loves to cuddle
~he acts like super man every time he stretches, with one hand in the air and the other by his face(this is my favorite)
~likes to sleep in someone's arms or if placed in a crib, he won't sleep for more then 45 minutes to an hour.
~his reflux has gotten better due to medication from the doc
~likes to act like a pirate with keeping one eye open "peeping at you"
~has gained a full 2+ lbs.... FINALLY!
~is officially in 0-3 month clothing as of today
~LOVES the bottle and HATES the breast, (but we're hanging in there)
~loves to chill in the boppy when wide awake
~is not a fan of the swing for too long
~80% of the time likes to be swaddled
~loves having his diaper changed by dad but not by mom
~has finally started liking bath time
~has dark blue/grayish eyes
~loves to grunt and coo
~eats all day long but goes anywhere from 3-4 hours in the night
~while trying to poop goes red in face, cross eyed and grunts like crazy
~likes to hold on to the shirt collar and scratch you as he pulls it down(he also likes to pull dad's chest hair along with it)hehehe
~loves his binki
~just the cutest little boy EVER and he knows it!!



So lately we've been doing pretty good. On Tuesday I bravely embarked on a journey to the city... ALL BY MYSELF to meet Andrew at his office. They were having a little party at their office to watch the Rockefeller center tree lighting. Decker and I had to leave at a certain time so that the trains wouldn't be crowded. Off we went in the car to head to the train, we made it there and into the bijorn he went. We caught the train and off we went to the city. Everyone was staring at me wondering what was hidden under this little blanket I had hiding him with. We transferred trains and our last stop we met Andrew. It was crazy busy and police were everywhere. Andrew's pass had to be shown at every "checkpoint" to get back into the Rockefeller building. It was pure madness. Decker was such a good boy the whole way there and I felt so accomplished to say the least. It was fun but I couldn't last very long, I was exhausted from our journey there. Dad was so proud to show off his cute boy and everyone ewwd and awwed over him.

I haven't been out much since he's been here but I've had great friends who have helped me get out. I appreciate their efforts even when I say no.(which happens a lot) My mother in law is coming on Saturday and we are in need of some grandma time. I am going a little crazy some days running on little sleep and being alone with my little boy all by myself. It's hard when the hubby works leaves anywhere from 5-7 in the morning and returns anywhere from 7:30-9 at night. It makes for some long days. Pretty boring I know but here are some pictures as of lately
ps I am not sure what's going on with my picture loading but it's being crazy. sorry they are all out of order and not explained.. oh well so goes my life right now!
XOXO

3 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

oh friend, I'm so jealous how fun to live in NY!!! Take it all in.
decker is beyond precious. Perfect little head and face, I might be in love with him;)

Our Growing Family said...

Oh, man! You are a brave lady! He is so cute!! Jess, you are a great mom and you really know your stuff!! It's amazing how fast that happens. Can't wait to see him in person!

Anna Alyse said...

love this post